What is an Auto Broker?
An auto broker is professionally trained in how to buy a used car. Quality used cars and trucks are personally selected & purchased on your behalf. Because you are the client, we work solely for your benefit. We do not accept any form of payment, commission or fee from any dealer. The auto broker service provides you with an easy, hassle free, experience where you pay true wholesale pricing for quality used cars. You don’t have to know how to buy a used car. As your auto broker, we take the time to find the car, inspect it, appraise it and negotiate a price. This saves you a great deal of time and money plus gives you the confidence that yours is truly a quality used car.
How does your auto broker service work?
- Tell us exactly what you want. If you could find the perfect used car, what would it be? Which colors are acceptable and which colors aren’t? What options must you have and which would be nice but aren’t mandatory? Let us know things like your preferred mileage parameters, price range and so forth. We’ll find quality used cars for you to choose from that match your criteria. Sorry! We cannot accept car orders:
- for less than $5,000+.
- for vehicles with over 100K miles.
- for over $20,000 unless you provide the money up front (which a lot of buyers do).
- for exotic cars (unless you can wait for delivery).
- that are extremely demanding. (For example: You will only accept opal blue with tan saddle leather and less than 5,000 miles.)
- that require purchases of cars for less than wholesale.
- from customers who cannot provide funds to purchase the car within 4 business days.
- We will contact you to discuss a game plan. At that time:
- we will tell you what we think we can buy the car for based on the latest dealer-only market data.
- we will verify you have the funds or financing available.
- it will generally take less than 30 days to find your car.
- If everything is agreeable, we will accept a refundable 5% deposit and the non-refundable $650 buyer’s fee. Once you retain Find Me A Car, we’ll go straight to work. We know how to buy a used car. It’s what we do all day, every day. Sit back and relax.
- As your auto broker, we will keep you abreast and up to date on how the search is going so you can stay in the loop.
- Once we secure your car, we’ll immediately phone you to let you know. We will also email you 10 – 20 detailed pictures of you car.
NOTE: When possible, we will email you the photos of the car before we purchase it plus a wholesale price sheet and a Carfax report. However, there are times this is not possible. You are placing your trust in us as your auto broker to know how to buy a used car, to find you a quality used car and to secure it as quickly and inexpensively as possible. Sometimes we have to act fast so we don’t miss a great deal which prevents us from sending pictures and reports beforehand.
6. Your car is delivered to our office in one of our Cleveland, Northeast Ohio locations where you will pick it up. If you are out of the area, we can arrange a day and time for you to fly into Ohio to pick up your car. We can also act as your auto broker in other US states saving you money. Contact us for more info!
Why use FindMeACar.com?
We are a group of semi retired auto brokers based in the Cleveland, Northeast Ohio area with many years of dealership experience. We’ve been buying quality used cars and trucks since 2001 and we have a complete understanding of how to buy a used car or truck that is:
- Mechanically Sound and
We have never had one customer dissatisfied with the quality used car we selected for them. Not one. We take great pride in that fact. Our clients use us as their auto broker year after year. In some cases, customers sell the car they purchased from us in their home states for a profit!
Because FindMeACar.com has little overhead, you can generally save from $1000 – $3000 depending exactly what type of car you want.
Where do the cars come from?
We locate most of our quality used cars in Pennsylvania because they have a strict inspections process. In addition, cars from Pennsylvania are a lot cleaner than most others (as you can see from the pictures of cars on our website). As national auto brokers, we have many resources from which to search including:
- fleet leasing companies
- credit unions
- finance companies
- franchise dealers
- private individuals
Only the nicest vehicles are selected because locating and securing the best of the bunch is our specialty.
We are truly experts in identifying accident cars, frame damaged cars, flood damaged cars and so forth.
Do you offer financing or warranties?
Factory-extended warranties are available for most vehicles at wholesale prices. Most buyers opt to buy a warranty. Payment in full must be made at the time the car is delivered. You are responsible for arranging your own financing, if necessary.
What are your fees?
A $650 auto broker fee is added to the total wholesale cost of your car or truck plus expenses. For example, if the wholesale purchase price of your vehicle was $10,050. Other expenses might include a $200 auction fee, a $90 delivery fee, or mechanic’s inspection and oil change fee of $125. The total wholesale cost plus expenses in this case would be $10,465. Your price is $650 over that amount or $11,115 (Plus tax, title & tag if you are located in Ohio.)
What if I’m unable to complete the transaction once you find a car or what if you can’t find quality used cars I like?
The $650 auto broker fee is non-refundable due to the amount of time it takes to personally go throughout Ohio, to Pennsylvania or wherever the car or truck is located. (We never buy a used car we don’t personally inspect before the transaction.) If by some strange twist of events you are the first person we are unable to find a satisfactory car for or you suffer a setback that prevents you from completing the transaction, a partial refund of $300 will be given.
Any other recommendations?
Yes! I recommend …
● buying cars with less than 100,000 miles and cars that are less than 5 years old. Consumer Reports is a great place to find recommendations on quality used cars. I can also give you my suggestions.
● getting a “post sale inspection” for $85. (Available for cars bought from a Manheim auction.) This inspection comes with a guarantee that there is no single repair costing $500 or more required on the car and that there is no frame damage. This guarantee is good for seven days, which is ample time to have the car thoroughly inspected and assessed by our mechanic. Nearly 10% of cars sold as “green light” are rejected during the post sale inspection because of mechanical problems.
● having our mechanic inspect the car once we get the results back from the post sale inspection. After a post sale inspection at the auction our mechanic will review your car inch-by-inch. Should he find anything major wrong with the car, the auction will buy it back. If our mechanic does find something that needs to be fixed, we will communicate with you immediately. Should you opt to keep the car and pay for the repairs, we will offer you greatly discounted (and tax free) rates on mechanical work. These rates are passed onto you with no markup. It’s an added benefit of buying a car from Find Me A Car.com. Most cars we find need VERY little, if any, repairs.
● getting a fresh oil change. Our mechanic can easily do this for around $25 while he is performing your inspection. A premium oil filter will be installed.
● an extended warranty. Most clients opt to buy one once they see how affordable extended warranties are.
The Bottom Line: You are going to get a quality used car at a wholesale price from an expert auto broker who knows how to buy a truly nice used car.
Contact us today with any additional questions you may have start the process of finding your next car.
(A Subsidiary of Find-Me-A-Car Auto Sales, LLC)
E-Mail Inquiries to: Info@findmeacar.com